The Data Scientist will join a new team in ROCKWOOL created to help us accelerate and steer ambitious Data Science initiatives. ROCKWOOL has vast potential in data from production, sales, marketing, logistics – and a lot more. The Data Scientist will work with the goal of getting unique customer and market insight, as well as achieving operation excellence through IOT, analytics and algorithms. Furthermore, the Data Scientist will be engaged in concrete projects with our business functions advising and driving data science projects.
Primary tasks and areas of responsibility:
· Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
· Mine and analyze data from company databases and data lakes to drive optimization and improvement of customer experience, product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
· Assess the potential and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
· Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
· Use predictive modeling and build algorithms to optimize manufacturing processes, asset maintenance and logistics.
· Engage with external consultancies and companies working on innovation and projects.
· Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
The ideal candidate is very experienced in using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization, algorithms and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. You have broad business experience including projects within manufacturing and customer behavior, as well as strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations.
Furthermore, you have a proven ability to drive business results with data-based insights and are comfortable working across the company with a range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
Additionally, you have:
· Strong problem-solving skills with capability to deliver operational results.
· Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
· Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
· Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
· Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
· A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models as well as a Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field is expected.
Furthermore, familiarity with the following software/tools is vital:
· Advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
· Analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.
· Distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
· Visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc.
The ROCKWOOL Group is the world’s leading manufacturer of stone wool insulation, offering a full range of high-performing and sustainable insulation products for the construction industry.
Read more here